0 days left – Construction begins at Alamo Square.
Some nearby alternate dog play areas and children’s playgrounds can be found below.
- Replace antiquated irrigation system
- Install “smart” controllers
- Replace quick coupler lines
- Install booster pump
- 37% water savings, or 3,260,000 gallons
- The curving walls of the restroom mimics the nearby playground
- New lawn in the dog play area and open areas of the park
- Native no-mow grasses at the park perimeter along Fulton and Scott streets
- Understory shrub plantings at park entrances and interior installed in phases
- 40+ new tree plantings installed in phases
- Construction will begin early May 2016
- 10/5/16 Update: Open to the public March 2017 (orig. Fall / Winter 2016)
- Total Construction Cost $2,434,100