The Nike Women’s Half Marathon will be held on Oct. 19, 2014. SF has hosted the marathon since 2004. In those 10 years the event has raised over $135 million dollars for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
The course will finish at the Marina Green this year and will run through the Alamo Square neighborhood (and many others — starting in Union Square, through Alamo Square and Golden Gate Park, and up to Marina Green via Presidio).
Please note the following street closures planned.
- Golden Gate from Steiner to Gough: 5- 9 a.m.
- Webster from Fulton to Gough: 5-9 a.m.
- Fulton from Webster to Scott: 5-9 a.m.
- Steiner from Golden Gate to Fulton: 5-9 a.m.
- Scott from Fulton to Fell: 5-9 a.m.
- Broderick from Grove to Fell: 5-9 a.m.
- Grove from Scott to Broderick: 5-9 a.m.
- Fell from Stanyan to Scott: 5-10 a.m.
For east-east access, please use Hayes or McAllister. For north-south access, please use Crossover in Golden Gate Park. Access points will also be available at Van Ness, Fillmore, and Divisadero, but these will have longer wait times.
Question or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866.RUN-NIKE.
Free parking for residents, first come first served, at Ida B. Wells High School and at the DMV parking lot starting Saturday, Oct. 18 through mid-day Sunday, Oct. 19. Residents will need to show a driver’s license with a valid neighborhood address for access to these lots.